Keep warm this August with our home made pumpkin soup, with a protein boost from the chickpeas and a delicious crunch of kale chips.
Brining you this delivcious recipe is our girl @shelleysgoodeats
This soup is perfect to boost your immune system to prevent you catching a nasty cold this month. Cayenne pepper will get your system going and the addition of turmeric will add in antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties (make sure you add in a little black pepper through as this activates the turmeric!)
1 kg pumpkin
5 cloves garlic
2 tsp. cumin, ground
1tbsp olive oil
400g can chickpeas
2 cups water, extra if needed
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2tsp turmeric, ground
1tsp black pepper
400ml Coconut cream
1 bunch kal lt
bsp coconut oil
Learn how to make the meal below!
1. First prepare the kale chips. Rip the leaves away from the stalks of the kale. Then place the leaves on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with melted coconut oil and sprinkle with salt.
2. Place in the oven at 160C for 10min, ensuring them don’t burn. Remove and allow cooling. Set aside and start on the soup!
3. Remove seeds and peel pumpkin, then chop into 1inch cubes. Place pumpkin and garlic on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin.
4. Then roast in a hot oven (200C) for 20mins or until pumpkin is soft.
5. Meanwhile add the chickpeas and water to a large saucepan bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10mins.
6. Once Pumpkin and garlic is cooked add into the saucepan along with cayenne pepper, turmeric and black pepper, salt (to taste) and coconut cream.
7. Remove from heat and puree! This can be done in a blender or using a stick
blender in the pan!
Loved this recipe? Check out more of Shelley’s deliciousness here!
Enjoy x x x